It's time for Children's Rights -
Children's Rights into the Basic Law

GG Art. 6(1)
Marriage and the familiy shall enjoy the special protection of the state.

GG Art. 6(2) 
The care and upbringing of children is the natural right of parents and a duty primarily incumbent upon them.

Basic Law for the Federal Republic Of  Germany

KRK Art. 18(1)
States Parties shall use their best efforts to ensure recognition of the principle that both parents have common responsibilities for the upbringing and development of the child. Parents or, as the case may be, legal guardians have the primary responsibility for the upbringing and development of the child. The best interests of the child will be their basic concern.

The Convention on the Rights of the Child

GG Art. 6(1) should be changed to:

The Family shall enjoy the protection of the state.
Parents and Children shall enjoy the special protection of the state.
Reason: Actually (by law) marriage is nether presupposition nor obligation to put children into the world. Many marrigaes are done today to take advantage on the tax brake. The declining number of marriages reduces the government costs for families.

Children from unmarriged couples and divorced children suffer substantial monetary disadventures.

Action Required to resolve discrimination of Children from unmarrigad couples.
- Coustody for both parents as regularity (99%).
- Income Tax brake class III for everybody who has to care for a child.


GG Art. 6(2) should be changed to:
Children have a right of the parents care. Parents have an equal obligation to care for there children and subsequently keep custody. Parentship and custody  ist not subject to cancelation at any time.

Reason: The basic law endeavours to garantee parents rights and duties. Children are not mentioned - they are objects. The Basic Law seems to treat Children as property of the parents (and especially the mothers). It has no legal body. In case of seperation of the parents one parent can gain custody alone. Which parent will gain custody is in the sole discretion of a family judge.

More Information:


International Page